This is part 2 of our interview with Thoma Simpson.
Thoma Simpson is an expert on renewable energy in the province of Ontario. Kyle and Thoma talk about how far solar power has come in the last 20 years and where it’s going. Thomas also explains grid parity and how net meeting can save you thousands of dollars.
Key Points (Click the timecode to go to that part of the interview)
- [4:00] Solar is still in it’s early stagged with lenders. Much like having a pool.
- [7:00] If you have an existing solar set up and you’re looking to sell find a Realtor with experience in this area. It also is better to sell to an experienced home buyer.
- [9:20] There is a level of maintenance but it’s not regular. Snow melts off. Usually, it’s simply wiring issues.
- [11:00] What tips would you give to someone thinking about solar?
- Do your research.
- Understand where the Province is at with net-metering.
- A company that has “only” been around for 10 years is a veteran in the industry.
- Try to find a company that has experience in the residential solar space.
- Go into your online electrical account and learn about your usage.
- [28:25] 2 truths I’ve learned in this industry are; energy costs will only keep going up and solar equipment cost are continuing to drop.
Contact Thoma Simpson
- Email: email@example.com