Tom Sapinski is my guest this week. Tom is a Realtor with RE/MAX.
Tom Sapinski has been a Realtor for 10 years. Coming from North Bay he attended the University of Guelph and studied marketing. He focuses on satisfaction before, during, and after the sale of the home, building his business by referrals rather than hunting new prospects.
Kyle and Tom talk about the East end, the LRT, and what makes Ottawa a great place to live. They also talk about rentals, what it’s like to work with Tom, and what you should be looking for in a Realtor.
Key Points (Click the timecode to go to that part of the interview)
- [4:35] What’s happening in the East End?
- Housing is more affordable.
- Petrey Island.
- Boating available.
- [6:00] How is the LRT going to affect the East End?
- Prices will go up when the LRT completes.
- Increased accessibility will increase population growth as well.
- [8:20] I enjoy working with clients who are excited about what they are doing. (First time buyers, people moving to the city for the first time, etc.)
- [9:35] Where do you see the condo market heading?
- Prices are increasing a little as supply drops. There was a condo boom that happened in 2015-2016 that has taken a couple of years to fill.
- After the new hockey arena is done and the LRT is completed, there should be a rebound in condo prices downtown.
- [15:25] Ottawa is the perfect place to rent out a property. Government workers are professionals who make good money.
- [17:50] What makes Ottawa a great place to live?
- Great jobs.
- Lots of fun things to do.
- Affordable housing.
- [21:00] What’s it like working with Tom?
- The first thing I like to do is talking with the client about what they really need.
- Then go and see houses. Looking at pictures online is not the same as looking at a house.
- Then you have to sit down again and figure out what you want versus what you need.
- There is a huge difference from your 1st trip out to look at places than your 5th time.
- [25:10] What are the top 3 things someone should be looking for in Realtor?
- Trust and like them. If you can’t trust them with your baby, you can’t trust them to buy your home.
- They have to know the market.
Contact Tom Sapinski