Scott Moffatt, councillor of Ward 21 Rideau-Goulbourn, is Kyle’s guest this week.
Scott Moffatt is the city councillor for Ward 21 Rideau-Goulbourn. Prior to being elected councillor, Scott worked primarily in customer service roles having spent time at Strathmere, Tommy & Lefebvre, and Brookstreet Hotel, among others. An avid sportsman, Scott turned his love of golf into a career. He worked at a number of local golf courses, most notably managing Anderson Links, and most recently was an Operations Manager at Golftown. Between his work as councillor and his time as a father, Scott stays involved with the community volunteering at the North Gower Cooperative Nursery School, Kars on the Rideau Public School and with Osgoode-Rideau Minor Hockey Association.
Scott and Kyle talk about what brought him to run for councillor, Ward 21, and what impact the LTR will have.
- [1:40] This job is just like any other service job. You’re here to serve the public.
- [3:10] At 25 years old, what compelled you to run for office?
- [5:50] There is no way you can prepare for being a councillor.
- [8:20] What are some of the challenges you are facing in your Ward?
- [12:30] What would you like people to know about the Ward?
- [27:00] By 2021, the LTR will run south.
- [32:00] Ironically, politics are the worst part of the job.
- [37:20] When buying real estate, due diligence is key.
- [38:00] Visit maps.ottawa.ca/geoottawa to get detailed zoning information.
Contact Scott Moffatt