Jay and Erika didn’t start off with much money but they did have the drive to make it in real estate investing. After buying 2 homes in a month they got the attention of other investors who were amazed by how much they had done in such a short amount of time. 18 months later they are on their 17th property helping investors make smart decisions with their money.
- [2:10] How did you get started in real estate investing?
- [3:28] Niagara has seen a growth of 34% in Q1.
- [5:55] We like to call HGTV real estate porn.
- [6:45] How did you go about getting your 2nd property?
- [8:55] How did you work out the down payment for 2 properties?
- [10:10] I think we made more money back in 3 weeks on the property then we did in 3 years of RRSP interest.
- [17:00] We didn’t think what we were doing was abnormal. One thing led to another.
- [19:10] Investors don’t just want to hear what you have to say, they want to feel that you are authentic.
- [21:25] A 10% interest rate is actually good.
- [23:00] You have to think like an investor, not a consumer.
- [25:15] Rich Dad Poor Dad changed my mindset and made me a new person.
- [25:55] How can someone work with you?
- [31:00] Do you see any markets you want to expand into?
- [35:00] You don’t have to be a landlord to make real estate investing work.
- [37:20] Get off the couch and stop watching HGTV. That is the only way to make your dreams happen.
- [38:45] Have a good mortgage broker and don’t work with just the banks. There is always a curve ball and if the bank doesn’t like it, it might sink the whole deal.
- [39:50] You’re only as good your team.
Contact Erika Spencer
- Web: www.erikaspencer.ca
- Rockstar Real Estate Brokerage
- Phone: (905) 361-9098
- Email: Erika@RockstarBrokerage.com
Contact Jay Shaw