Kyle Miller talks with Shawn, a past client, about his experiences in the Ottawa rental market.
Shawn is a new landlord who shares with Kyle his experience of jumping into the rental market in Ottawa. They discuss why he made the decision to buy a rental property, what kinds of tenants he found, and who helped him with the process.
- [1:10] Tell us about yourself.
- [1:53] Why did you decide you wanted to buy a rental property?
- [2:35] What got you to see past the negative connotations of getting into rentals?
- [3:10] For the most part I heard more positive than negative things from other landlords.
- [5:14] Who took care of the listing for the rental?
- [6:10] What were some of the other negatives you were worried about?
- [8:40] Even if you sell in 10-15 years for the price you bought the property for you will still have made money in the end.
- [10:53] Did location play a factor in your decision?
- [11:50] What made you decide on a terraced house over a condo or townhouse?
- [14:43] What kind of tenant did you end up with?
- [16:40] Should I buy a rental?
- [17:10] If you intend to flip after 4-5 years the fees might end up making you lose money. A 10-15 year flip would make more sense.
Contact Kyle Miller