Jean Richer is my guest this week. Jean is a Realtor with Keller Williams.
Jean Richer is a Realtor with Keller Williams Integrity Realty. Jean has been a Realtor since 2001 and has a great depth of knowledge of the Ottawa market. He is fluently bilingual and provides the highest level of service in either language. Jean is always upbeat, enthusiastic, extremely well-organized, and thoroughly knowledgeable.
Kyle and Jean talk about the Rockland real estate market, how he used social media to engage and sell, and he shares what you should be looking for in a Realtor.
Key Points (Click the timecode to go to that part of the interview)
- [5:00] Rockland is a small community and a great place to live.
- [6:20] What effect is the LRT going to have on Rockland?
- I don’t think it’s going to have a huge impact.
- Most people use the park and ride to commute to the downtown core.
- [8:30] Rockland is a very family oriented area, it’s a great place to raise your kids.
- [11:25] Using social media to build connections is not as hard as many people think.
- [13:10] When you follow me on social media, you’ll see my business side and my personal side.
- [14:40] If an agent isn’t using social media, they are missing out in a big way.
- [15:00] 80% of people will look online at a home before even calling a Realtor.
- [17:50] Get informed before you start to look for houses. Get pre-approved and be realistic with your goals.
- [19:05] Every market is different.
- [20:40] Ottawa is a very stable market, but you can’t predict the future.
- [23:00] Is there anything missing from the Rockland/ Orleans area?
- I don’t think this area would benefit from townhouses and duplexes.
- [25:30] Your Realtor needs to have knowledge and experience with the area.
- [27:05] The more information you give your Realtor the better they can do their job,
- [28:53] What is the best piece of real estate advise you have ever gotten?
- If you’re buying, don’t overspend.
Contact Jean Richer